Kids Corner Text Version
SeaComm Kids Corner
2nd Edition 2022
I love my credit union.
It Makes Cents To Save!
Have you heard the saying, "A penny saved is a penny earned"? It means that if you don't spend money, it's the same as earning money. It also means that it's hard work to save. But it's something everyone can do. A penny may not seem like much money. But, in fact, pennies add up. Collect your spare change every day in a special container. Once it's full, or when you get money as a gift or for doing extra chores, bring it to the credit union and put it in your savings account. The most important thing is to save something (even a penny) every day. By saving your money now, you can spend it later. Instead of buying something you don't really need, save the money instead. Then, it will be there when you want to buy something you really want.
INSIDE: GAMES, FUN FACTS, JOKES, & MORE!
How To S-t-r-e-t-c-h Your Dollars
Do you work hard doing chores, yard work, or walking the dog to earn money? You probably want to make your money go as far as it can. You can “S-T-R-E-T-C-H” your dollars by learning to save and budget, with these simple tips:
- Start a list of savings goals including how much you’d like to save each week, each month, etc.
- Track spending, keeping a daily record of how much you’re spending, what you spent it on, and how much you saved.
- Remember to spend less money on less important items.
- Earn more when you save more by depositing cash in your SeaComm Savings account. Your money will work for you by earning interest.
- Take a trip to SeaComm to deposit some savings into your account, and cash in your extra coins at the coin counting machine for more “moolah.”
- Celebrate with a splurge day! Reward yourself with a small treat for reaching a savings goal. You deserve it!
Fun Flamingo Facts
Flamingos are pretty well known for their vibrant pink color and their long legs and neck. Here are some fun flamingo facts:
“Be kind, be cool, be you!” -Unknown
Just for Laughs
Question: What is brown, hairy and wears sunglasses?
Answer: A coconut on vacation!
Moola's Flip-Flop Matchup
Match the pairs. Find the sandal that has no pair.
ANSWER: (1-12, 2-15, 3-13, 4-17, 5-20, 6-16, 7-21, 8-18, 9-11, 10-19).
Summer Fun With Bubbles!
Have you been having bubble fun yet this summer? If not, here is a quick and easy recipe for making your own bubble soap and wands.
What You Need:
- Measuring cups: 1/4 cup and 1 cup
- Dishwashing liquid
- Drinking straws
- Shallow container
- Pipe cleaner (chenille stem) - optional
- Mix a 1/4 cup of dishwashing liquid, 2 cups of water, and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Mix well. Pour this mixture into a shallow container.
- Take several drinking straws (6 or 7) and tape them together. (See illustration.)
- Dip one end of the straw bundle into your bubble solution. Blow through the other end of the straw bundle, being careful not to let the solution run down the straws into your mouth. Your straw bubble wand will produce scores of tiny bubbles.
- You can make bubble wands using items found around your home. For example, a small plastic funnel, a plastic cup with holes punched in the bottom, etc.
- Another item you can use is a pipe cleaner. Just twist a loop in the end of a pipe cleaner. This will hold a lot of bubble solution, and you will be able to blow many bubbles without having to dip again. You can even bend the pipe cleaner loop into different fun shapes.
30 Stearns St
Massena, NY 13662
315-764-0566 / 800-764-0566