Kids Corner Text Version
SeaComm Kids Corner
1st Edition 2021
I love my credit union.
Making The Most Of Virtual Learning
The past year has been different in many ways because of the Coronavirus pandemic. For most kids your age, school was one thing that really changed. Whether learning in person, online, or a hybrid of both we know you’re all trying your best!
SeaComm wants to help you soar as a virtual learner. Follow our simple tips inside to help you keep learning, growing, making friends, and staying healthy even when things seem challenging.
INSIDE: Moola's Spring Puzzle, Creative Craft & More!
Follow these simple to make the most of online learning:
- Stick with your schedule! Set an alarm, wake up, get washed and dressed, eat a good breakfast, and be ready to start the day. Keep your routine going throughout the day.
- Set up your space! Have a clean, quiet, organized area with your school supplies where you can stay focused on your work.
- Virtual doesn't mean vacay! Online school is still school. Work hard and be on time.
- Treat teachers right! Your teachers are working hard to help you through these changes so reward them with kindness and respect.
- Stay active! After school, be sure to log off and head outdoors for some exercise, fresh air, and fun in the sun.
- Keep in touch! Even if we can't see friends and family in person, we can still connect in other ways like a phone call or Zoom meeting.
- Talk about it! No matter how you're feeling - good, bad or in-between - it's important to share that with someone you trust, and be there for friends and siblings when they need someone to listen.
Get Started On A Money Plan
A money plan is also called a budget. Making a budget is easy. Start by keeping track of what happens to your money. Every time you spend your money, write it down in a notebook. Then think about whether you bought things you really wanted or "just because." Chances are, those "just because" purchases mean you won't be able to buy a big item that you want like a video game or a new bike. But if you save that money, instead you will be able to buy that big item in the future. That's why a money plan can help you make the most of your money.
Just for Laughs
Question: Why are frogs so happy?
Answer: They eat whatever bugs them!
“Hope” is the thing with feathers – That perches in the soul – And sings the tune without the words – And never stops – at all
- An excerpt from “Hope is the thing with feathers” by Emily Dickinson
Moola's Spring Day Crossword Puzzle
Hint: Use the word bank to help solve the puzzle! Find the answer key on the back.
- 1. Fresh Breath __
- 3. Friendly Magical Monsters
- 6. Roses, Lilies, Tulips, and More!
- 8. Another Word for Rabbit
- 10. Reason For Saving
- 12. _ Like A Pleasant Spring Day
- 2. Kid's Spening Money
- 4. Money Minder Leader
- 5. Season Between Winter and Summer
- 7. Your Local Credit Union
- 9. Money You Put Aside
- 11. Things In Your Garden
Spring Pipe Cleaner Flowers
- Green Pipe Cleaners
- Purple Pipe Cleaners
- Black Pipe Cleaners
- Flower Pot
- Tightly wind the purple (or any color) around the end of the green pipe cleaner.
- Keep winding until you reach the end. (Tip: slightly bend the green pipe cleaners to add character)
- Make a bunch of them.
- Place black pipe cleaners in the bottom for the soil.
- Place the finished flowers in a flower pot with a few single green pipe cleaners for the spiked leaves.
Moola's Spring Day Crossword Answer Key
- OF AIR
- MONEY MINDERS
- RAINY DAY
30 Stearns St
Massena, NY 13662
315-764-0566 / 800-764-0566