Super Saturday Tax Event
SeaComm Federal Credit Union will again host the “Super Saturday” tax event. Each year, IRS joins partners nationwide to launch the Super Saturday outreach campaign to ensure that millions of low-and moderate-income workers get the credit they deserve. IRS trained volunteers will be on hand to prepare and file returns free of charge.
- If you worked during 2018 and your family income was less than $55,000 you may be eligible for free tax preparation
- Appointments are required – call 315-754-0566 or 1-800-764-0566
- Returns will be e-filed so returns without Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) refunds will be possible within a short time with direct deposit
- If you file with EITC or ACTC on your tax return, the IRS must hold your refund until at least Mid-February — even the portion not associated with EITC or ACTC
- SeaComm Financial Service Representatives will be available to open accounts for direct deposit
- Loans will be available to members who qualify for a refund
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) INFORMATION:
The Earned Income Tax Credit is the federal government’s largest program benefiting working families.
The maximum amount of the credit for tax year 2018:
- $6,431 with three or more qualifying children
- $5,716 with two qualifying children
- $3,461 with one qualifying child
- $519 with no qualifying children
You may be able to take the credit if your adjusted gross income is less than:
- $49,194 ($54,884 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
- $45,802 ($51,492 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
- $40,320 ($46,010 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
- $15,270 ($20,950 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
*Investment income must be $3,500 or less for the year.
WHAT IS EARNED INCOME?
Earned income includes all the taxable income and wages you get from working. There are two ways to get earned income:
- You work for someone who pays you
- You work in a business you own.
TAXABLE EARNED INCOME INCLUDES:
- Wages, salaries, and tips;
- Union strike benefits;
- Long-term disability benefits received prior to minimum retirement age;
- Net earnings from self-employment