Super Saturday Tax Event
Super Saturday is back at selected SeaComm locations. These free tax prep events provide the opportunity for low and moderate-income working individuals and families to have their income tax return prepared free of charge. Eligibility is generally limited to taxpayers with an income under $60,000. SeaComm, in partnership the Akwesasne and Potsdam VITA sites along with the IRS will host Super Saturday as follows:
IRS trained volunteers will be on hand to prepare returns for eligible workers. Financial Service Representatives from the credit union will be available to open accounts for eligible individuals without an account and possibly provide loans for those who need their refund in a hurry. Appointments for Super Saturday are required, as walk-ins will not be allowed. To make an appointment or for more information, call toll free 1-800-764-0566.
- If you worked during 2022 and your family income was less than $60,000 you may be eligible for free tax preparation
- Appointments are required – call (315) 764-0566 or (800) 764-0566
- Returns will be e-filed
- SeaComm Financial Service Representatives will be available to open accounts for direct deposit
- Loans will be available to members who qualify for a refund
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) INFORMATION:
The Earned Income Tax Credit is the federal government’s largest program benefiting working families.
The maximum amount of the credit for tax year 2022:
- $6,935 with three or more qualifying children
- $6,164 with two qualifying children
- $3,733 with one qualifying child
- $560 with no qualifying children
You may be able to take the credit if your adjusted gross income is less than:
- $53,057 ($59,187 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
- $49,399 ($55,529 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
- $43,492 ($49,622 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
- $16,480 ($22,610 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
*Investment income must be $10,300 or less for the year.
WHAT IS EARNED INCOME?
Earned income includes all the taxable income and wages you get from working. There are two ways to get earned income:
- You work for someone who pays you
- OR -
- You work in a business you own.
TAXABLE EARNED INCOME INCLUDES:
- Wages, salaries, and tips;
- Union strike benefits;
- Long-term disability benefits received prior to minimum retirement age;
- Net earnings from self-employment