Kids Corner Text Version
SeaComm Kids Corner
2nd Edition 2019
What is a credit union?
A Credit Union is a place where people with common interests, like where they live or work, come together to save and borrow their money.
Credit Unions provide many of the same services that banks do, but there are a few things that make us different:
- Credit Unions are "not for profit." This simply means we're not in business just to make money.
- We are owned by our members who vote and elect a volunteer board of directors.
- At Credit Unions, the profits come back to members through educational programs, low fees, better rates on loans, and higher rates on savings.
- As much as possible, the money we make is spent and put back into the local community where you live.
Help Wanted: Summer Jobs for Kids
Summer is a great time to earn extra money. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Sell arts & crafts
- Garden for your neighbors
- Hold a car wash
- Become a dog walker
Question: What did the duck say after he went shopping? Answer: Put it on my bill!
Did you know?
The biggest piggy bank in the world stands over four storeys tall! Now that's a lot of coins!
4th of July Scavenger Hunt
Here’s a fun 4th of July scavenger hunt that requires you to use your creativity. Instead of getting a list of items to find, you get to decide what items to collect.
How to Play:
- Find 12 items, each item equals 1 point
- The first letter of each item has to spell out "Fourth of July"
- 1 bonus point for each item that has something to do with July 4th (i.e. Flag)
30 Stearns St
Massena, NY 13662